Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deliciousness


Well, one of my goals of the new year is to have a healthy lifestyle. I want to maintain the healthy lifestyle I have already began building. So I decided to post my breakfast for today thanks to La Belle Vegan
Her recipe was a little different then mine, with some nuts and oat bran, but I am allergic to Peanuts and almonds, so I just stray away from nuts XD Check out her original recipe! Anywho, mine consisted of 1/2 cup of Quaker whole grain oats, some unmeasured ground cinnamon and allspice, some unmeasured light vanilla soy milk, and 1 chopped medium sized red apple.
I combined the oats and spices, then microwaved some of the soymilk to get it nice and warm for my oatmeal :) so I put that in, constantly making sure all the spices were blended, then I just threw the apples in. I didn't like how the apples were cold though, so I should have microwaved them before XD anywho, it turned out really well, since I found a solution to making the apples warm and all XD Latley I have been drinking so much green tea. I wanted to add more water to my diet, and green tea (I thought) would would be a great solution. Plus, unlike water, it has a ton of antioxidants to clear out my system :)
If I continue taking photos of my food, I may make a new blog for it...
btw: all the photos were taken by moi :) As for today...
Givin Some Love Back,
Alyssa

5 comments:

Amira said...

yum looking oatmeal, Shelby always has killer combos on her blog
I use to drink green tea like 5 times per day but it is way too hot down here at the moment, have you ever tried it as iced green tea- do you think it would be nice??
Have a lovely day :)

NancyTheIBO said...

Food blogs are awesome! I love looking at pictures of food... You should check out Tastespotting.com for inspiration. ;)

Thanks for stopping by the page and commenting!

Love + Cake said...

Yuu-uuu-uuummmm! That looks so delish :) hehe, it's like almost midnight and I'm so tempted to go and cook up some oatmeal right now!
Good luck with your resolution. Seems like you're off to a good start :)
xo, mavi

Mari said...

OMG that's the same way i make my oatmeal. haha it's great with strawberries as well.

simimoon said...

what a healthy meal. i wish i was as disciplined as you, i can't give up my taco bell =/ xo