Friday, July 4, 2008

"Life is a Highway, well I wanna ride it all night long!"

Hey everyone(I am currently watching Boston Pops firework show on tv and Rascal Flats is singing--hence the title)! I hope everybody had a great 4th of July! I sure did. The above picture is from the parade I went to. I went to see a very close friend from dance perform! She is a Canonnette, which is her schools dance team. She was so great :D I also had a nice day relaxing, and D.I.Y-ing. I am in the process of spray painting picture frames and using one to create an earing holder! Check out threadbanger.com that is where I got the idea :D
Above is a picture of the Cannonettes :D BTW: I would like to thank EVERYONE who went to my friend Aurley's blog (Music--Love it) She got alot of comments and greatly appreciated it. Make sure you check back to her blog often! She is posting alot of new ideas, including having people vote for the top song of the month!
Its a tradition in my family to make HUGE vanilla milkshakes on the 4th of July, so we made an adventure to Giant Eagle to get a tub of Ice Cream. So I make my usual rounds on the magazine rack when I spot not 1 but 2 magazines all about the JONAS BROTHERS :D One, as you see above, is the life story. I, of course, already know but I just had to get the magazine. I am considering framing it. For real.

Yeah. I almost completley flipped out when the cashier handled the magazines so poorly. I refused to buy a copy with there beautiful faces bent. Yeah I know, I am a waaaaaaaay too obsessed.Even though it was kind of cold today, I decided to wear the above outfit. *note* this is my first time ever modeling my clothes! LOL I searched everywhere for a good picture taking place with some good light. So sorry the light problems :( Anyways, this was my outfit for today. I know, I am so unpatriotic XD I needed something comfortable for the parade, so I styled bermudas, a flowy tank, but added a waistline with a woven belt.
tank: old navy(clearance rack!)
belt:thrifted
shorts: forever21(clearance rack!)
shoes: flip flops(old navy)
This next picture isn't very model-ish. oh well, I seriousley thought I saw rain above me XD.
Well, this atire I was seen sporting at a wedding I babysat at. Fun eh?
shirt-American Eagle
skirt-old navy
gladiator shoes-old navy
belt-thrifted
purse-thrifted
Once again I hope you all have a GREAT day and holiday weekend!
Given Some Love Back,
Alyssa

9 comments:

Ally said...

oooo!! love the outfits...i'm so jealous!! especially the gladiator sandals- i've been seaching for the perfecto pair! our fireworks went on as planned, our neighbors had some too, but my dog was scared to death!! he was shaking and tried to jump in the bath tub for who knows what reason!!! happy 4th

pocketz♥full♥of♥posiez said...

i personally think that the jonas brothers are a hit
they make money off their music and their great looks
i feel so bad that emily osment said they couldn't sing
they really can .lol.

MoulinRougefan08 said...

kool parade!! By the way thanx 4 the feedback. I totally agree i didn't find it very original and i wrote it!!!

Sam said...

looks like fun!
and i like your skirt.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite a day, huh? Hmm, I did enjoy mine! It was filled with so much fun. But I think because I spent 2 full days - soon to be three with tonight - with fire works and explosions I might go deaf. Haha.

The first outfit is pretty, I like how you paired it with the belt. True, the second outfit isn't 'model like' but it's still pretty brill. The gladiator sandels and bag are pretty snazzy. (:

Thanks for the comment lovely!

pocketz♥full♥of♥posiez said...

ya she was pretty mean about
i used to like her but now im sorta iffy about her

Aurley said...

Omg- I have the SAME magazinge as you! The Cosmo Girl Extra?? Haha- I also got two yesterday at Sam's club. :)
I luv the first outfit!! Awesomenessss! I am SO pumped for the JoBro Concert with you! Itll be awesome. =D
And thanks for mentioning my blog! I hape people will help me decide the next #1!
Well, Ttyl!
~Aurley

Sara Bear :) said...

i hate jonas brothers life story mag too! when my sister bent mine i was sooo mad! i spent my forth of july watching pride and predjudice, how patriotic of me! :)

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Hi from Paris stylish Alyssa

I try to find time to alert stylish blogs and colleagues like yours that the Paris fashion week is over : alléluia ! and that i just posted a best of fashion week shoes that could inspire you.
Please don't collapse ! lol
i hope you'll like

i've been proposed to create a fashion magazine in Paris as i wrote it in my blog (lots of volunteers ! lol). Let's keep in touch and exchange links !

I wish you a wonderful day

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS